NWS celebrates our 40th Concert Season!
Become an NWS fan and receive up to date information on our upcoming events.
Many thanks to all who attended the kick-off concert for our 40th anniversary season. We played music from from Europe, Asia, Africa, and America; some melodies were familiar and others were new. All evoked stories of varied and rich cultural heritage.
View the concert program
Featured on this concert:
– Caitlin Seguin, oboe, on “Gabriel’s Oboe” in memory of Marcia Regan
– NWS brass quintet playing a new arrangement by Keith Michael Davis of Ralph Vaughan Williams’ “Folk Song Suite”
– former music directors Courtney Snyder and Janet Wright-McCaskill conducted
Location: Omaha Conservatory of Music, 7023 Cass St.
Come celebrate with us 40 years of music making for the Omaha area by attending these concerts, all at the Omaha Conservatory of Music, 7023 Cass St.
November 13, 2016 – “Spanning the Globe”
– featuring Caitlin Seguin, oboe; NWS Brass Quintet; former music directors Courtney Snyder and Janet Wright-McCaskill
February 19, 2017 – “Past, Present, and Future”
– featuring Ruth Meints, violin; Brian Kracl, tuba; our Middle School Tuba All-Stars; former directors Erica Neidlinger, Tim Yontz and Chris Tucker
April 9, 2017 – “A Festive Celebration”
– featuring Mayor Jean Stothert, guest narrator; our NWS Scholarship Soloist; founding music director Tony Snyder and former associate directors Steve Kelly and Dan Kingkade
Tickets: $10 Adults; $5 Students/Seniors; Free for children under 12
Tickets are available at the door the day of the performance beginning about 2:30PM.
And plan ahead for next summer’s concerts too.
Sunday, June 25, 2017
with the NWS Swingtones Big Band
6PM – TBD
Tuesday, July 4, 2017
NWS 4th of July Celebration with the NWS Swingtones Big Band
6PM – Chalco Hills Recreation, S 154th St and Giles Road
Thank You! for your Financial Support
NWS relies on financial support from its playing members, concert patrons, and businesses and individuals from around the Omaha metropolitan area. These gifts help us to pay for rehearsal and concert space, music director and other staff salaries, new music purchase and rental, performance rights, insurance, replacement equipment, and so many other things.
Thank you for your past and future support!
Hey Nebraska Wind Symphony Fans!
Calling All Young Musicians!
2017 NWS Concerto/Scholarship Competition
The winner is awarded a $500 scholarship and performs their application solo selection with NWS accompaniment at our Spring 2017 concert.
2016 application period has ended. We will be taking 2017 applications beginning January, 2017.
Visit our scholarship page for additional details.