Nebraska Community Band Festival
Saturday, June 30, 2018 – noon to 8:30PM
Turner Park at Midtown Crossing, 30th and Dodge
The Nebraska Wind Symphony firmly believes that music helps build strong communities. For over 40 years this has driven what we do as an organization.
We proudly to announce the first ever Community Band Festival of the Midlands.
Beginning at noon with a kickoff ceremony, seven or eight community bands from across eastern Nebraska and western Iowa will perform, one after another, in a traditional music-in-the-park setting. We estimate a rotating audience of over 1,000 throughout the afternoon to our grand finale of a mass band performance of John Philip Sousa’s classic, The Stars and Stripes Forever!
Join us in support of this first ever Community Band Festival of the Midlands.
Festival Sponsor Letter
Festival Program Advertisement Form
– each program page will be 7″ wide by 8 1/2″ tall
– programs will be printed in black and white (no color)
– ad layouts showing size options
Festival Overview Postcard
NE Wind Symphony Overview
Performing Groups –
– Papillion Area Concert (PAC) Band – Ken Molzer, Director
– Omaha Symphonic Winds – Rex Barker, Director
– Glendwood (IA) Community Band
– Iowa Western Community Band – Don Jacobson, Director
– 1st Nebraska Volunteers Brass Band – Bill Hall, Band Leader
– Southeast Nebraska Community Band – Dennis Emhke, Director
– Nebraska Wind Symphony – Larry MacTaggart, Music Director
– The Offutt Brass – Technical Sergeant Carl Eitzen, NCO in Charge
Please contact us for additional information.
Your donation to help fund this event is greatly appreciated.